Tuesday, July 30, 2019

RETURN TO NORMALITUDE

The wise man, if he has monkeys, always makes sure they are happy. Especially because one of them will otherwise hold his wallet hostage, and another is one of three assistant substitute head roomies if the sheepess (the stand-in head roomie when necessary) is on vacation.
Of course one of the monkeys lives in the wise man's bed, near all the heaped up books, and is currently pretending to be 'Gorillacula'. The other one is over in the young lady's room, muttering 'neeb, neeb' to himself, and looking very pleased with his new striped garment.

Both of them came from the company where I used to work. One of them lived in the product development lab until Halloween of my first year there, the other one quietly lurked in the Marketing Department, and came home with me when we left that building. The idiots in Marketing had forgotten all about him.

No, neither of them have issues.


My apartment mate and I respect both of these individualists.
Even though one of them claims the Teddy Bear is his.
We've tried to explain the inherent sexism.
Ms. Bruin is her own woman.

It's a learning process.


Yesterday I bought some bananas for them. Not the usual type, but a bigger fatter kind that I found in Chinatown. No idea how they taste, as I myself am not overly fond of bananas. I suppose I'll have to try one soon; the monkeys do not report back, but make greedy snarfing sounds when they eat. And bananas are a good source of potassium. I am marginally low on that according to lab reports.


Per Wikipedia:

Potassium levels influence multiple physiological processes, including:
  • Resting cellular-membrane potential and the propagation of action potentials in neuronal, muscular, and cardiac tissue. Due to the electrostatic and chemical properties, K+ions are larger than Na+ ions, and ion channels and pumps in cell membranes can differentiate between the two ions, actively pumping or passively passing one of the two ions while blocking the other.
  • Hormone secretion and action
  • Vascular tone
  • Systemic blood pressure control
  • Gastrointestinal motility
  • Acid–base homeostasis
  • Glucose and insulin metabolism
  • Mineralocorticoid action
  • Renal concentrating ability
  • Fluid and electrolyte balance


Which all sounds like mighty fine stuff indeed. But only the monkeys would know. They are experts on the noble banana.



As part of my continued effort toward recovery, I walked fourteen blocks in total yesterday. Not much, I know, but five days ago eight blocks was hell. Of course that may have been because it was Polk Street, which is inhabited by unique and artistic individuals, who are, many of them, the centres of unstable karmic disaster zones and drama clusters of stupendous magnitude.

It's an open air psych ward.

More today.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...