Monday, July 22, 2019

BANANANANANANANA!

Intellectually, this blogger does not quite know what to make of banana bread. It was not a factor in my childhood, and even if someone had brought up the concept, it would have found no takers. I suppose it already existed, in California, but not in a severe and disapproving Europe.
In any case not in our neck of the old sod.

It is quite delicious.

Our downstairs neighbor (who also happens to be our landlady) just gave us some.


I few years ago I made cooked brown sugar bananas in philo pastry, drizzled with little bits of chocolate and dusted with confectioners' sugar. That didn't even last a day. I also used to make banana ketchup, which tended to disappear faster than I wanted to make it. I've rather neglected the kitchen these past several years, as other things intervened.


Still. Cooking with bananas. Not quite my ticket. I doubt that I could make a banana bread even half as delicious.


Pisang goreng, a cup of Dutch coffee.

Good way to start the day.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT WOMEN

There are several artists rolling over in their graves right now. One or two aren't dead yet, but never mind. Rolling. Among them Frank ...