Monday, January 04, 2016

TOASTPOINTS, WE NEED TOASTPOINTS!

This blogger may not be the easiest person with whom to have a social relationship. This is a realization that took several years to form, as once upon a time I did not grasp what the differences were and how much they affected my life. Judging by the number of people who enjoy meeting me and chatting, I am indeed likable.


But it seldom goes beyond that.


At times I consider myself the gehakte leber of friends. Great fun when the occasion presents itself, something one may have a deep and abiding affection for, but not on a daily basis, good grief no.
One would rather not be exposed too often.
A question of digestion.

That actually cuts both ways. There are many people whose company is truly enjoyable, but with whom I do not wish to spend much time having a conversation.


There are a few people of whom I do not mind a serious overdose.
It's not entirely mutual, though I believe there is some vice-versa.

They are unusual, by reason of personality, wit, and flexible intelligence. And while there is a streak of bite in them, they are not cruelly inspired.
Though they may be wicked. Good heavens yes.
But they are very sweet individuals.


I shall spare them and myself the embarrassment, and not identify them in any way in this post.


Much as I am sorely tempted.
Because I really do appreciate them.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

SnowyOwl said...

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad.
People are either charming or tedious.
-- Oscar Wilde

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optimistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...