Tuesday, January 26, 2016

AREN'T YOU THE CUTEST LITTLE MUNCHKIN!

Ah, I saw her again! The delightful miss with the pale blue backpack whom I mentioned nearly two weeks ago. This time her hair was not in a pony tail. She and what I presume is a relative were heading up hill on foot.
They passed me while I was waiting at the bus stop.


I had left later than usual, as I had taken a long bath, and then read more than originally intended. After four o'clock I realized that I needed to acquire some mirliton, cured pork belly (臘肉 'laap yiuk') and new wash cloths, as well as have a tea time snackipoo in Chinatown.

[Sechium edule: Mirliton, Christophene, or Chayote, is called 佛手瓜 ('fo sou gwaa'; Buddha's hand melon) and 合掌瓜 ('hap jeung gwaa'; "together palms melon") in Cantonese, though I believe some people also call it 吸水瓜 ('gap sui gwaa'; "suck water melon"). It is a crisp cucurbit, easy to cook, very delicious, and great with porky substances.
It has a lovely green hue, and is often used in soups.]


She and her companion made a steady clip uphill. They were already halfway beyond Hyde Street when the bus passed them.

Short, expressive and intelligent face, spectacles.
I am quite a dirty old man at heart.
She is very cute.

This blogger would certainly not take it amiss, by any standard, if she decided that a spry middle-aged pipe-smoking Dutchman was precisely perfect, and spontaneously jumped my bones. I would be tickled pink.

Unfortunately, in this world, young women are not likely to do that.

Instead, she'd probably smile sweetly, and tell me "go hump a camel, you perverted old goat!" She has an utterly charming smile, by the way.
Then she'd clout me with her pale blue back pack.





Tea at a later hour than usual consisted of smoked pork dice in a fluffy bread twist, with a hot cup of gong sik naai cha, while listening to two Hokkien gentlemen discussing something I could not possibly grasp.
I looked at the food photos covering the wall, and decided that one of these days I will go there for lunch. Among other things they do Hong Kong spaghetti, club sandwiches, and macaroni.
Besides lovely baked goods.

I do not wish to be called a perverted old goat.

I'm not that old.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...