Monday, January 04, 2016

IT WAS FRECTIC

There are times when I only have myself to blame, as I really should have dumped a couple hundred tonnes of valium into the Marin county water supply when I had the chance. Those folks seriously need to calm down.

Actually, some of them might argue that I likewise need to calm a bit down, but I would counter that by pointing out that I come by my alertness and excitement naturally; I hydrate at work by drinking several cups of very strong Pu-Erh & Chrysanthemum tea. Which is good for you. Keeps you moist, replenishes your spirit, and helps you digest the heathen muck that passes for food in the absolute armpit of all suburbias.

Whereas the average Marin County Native is fragile, easily agitated, and has a sense of entitlement a mile and a half long.
Poor silly bastards.

The past three days have been fraught. And, at times, frectic.


Hectic, frenetic, and frustratingly frantic = Frectic.


Fortunately, I have two days off before I wade into the slime once more.
Two whole days of eating Chinese food, smoking my pipe in the quiet rain-drenched alleys of Chinatown, and reading informative stuff on Wikipedia or relaxing with a good manga and several fuzzy stuffed creatures.


I'm looking forward to some dimsum at Cheung Fook on Stockton tomorrow, then perhaps a charsiu sou and a cup of milk tea at Hollywood.

Followed and preceded by enjoyment of Dunhill Ready Rubbed, in the green tin. Which does not even resemble the ghastly dreck of the past, but is an entirely new offering composed of nice mild partially rubbed flake, mostly brights, perhaps with a touch of air-cured. Not a very distinctive product, but an enjoyable all-day smoke. Somewhat grassy, but with that ethereal air of carotenoids which one would expect from such a lovely compound.
It is a most enjoyable tobacco.

[Note about 'carotenoids': yes, these are the tetraterpenoid pigments present in several plants, particularly stone fruits, but as used in regards to tobacco, what I really mean are the aromatics such as ionones, damascones and damascenones; all resulting from carotenoid breakdown over time, especially in matured Virginias (flue-cured tobaccos).]


Ideally, I would also look forward to the company of other people.
But that might be too much to ask.

Not everybody likes Hong Kong style milk-tea, pipe smokers, day dreaming, and rainy alleyways.

Besides, most people work on weekdays.


Screw it, I'm going to relax.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...