Sunday, September 16, 2012

THE SAFE PORT

And so, laboriously, they hoisted themselves aboard the ship.  Which appeared deserted.  If the Spanish had known they were coming, why did they not torch and sink the boat? It really didn't look good.

Creaking sounds. Then he noticed that everyone left on board was dead.
The despicable Don Lopez emerged from the cabin......


All of them ended up on trial in Spain.

Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition!


My apartment mate spent half the day watching old pirate movies.
All manner of derring-do was duly done.
'Zounds, matey.

Naturally I hastened off to the office. As I usually do on weekends.
This will probably be the last time.
Hours to enjoy a book.

Last chance.

The company at which I work is moving over to Hayward.
Which is a long journey away from where I live.
I need to find another weekend hide-out now.
A quiet place.
Coffee shops are entirely out of the question, as I do not like too many peopl around me when I'm reading. Individuals wired to the gills, oh my.
Due to San Francisco's primitive laws about smoking in public and several other environments, parks are off-limits, as are old-folks homes, grammar schools and high schools, hospitals, hospices, and child-care facilities.
In addition to the usual places.

As yet I have no idea what I shall do.

Good heavens, I might have to be social now.

Need to get some coaching on that; it's not instinctive.


'Meanwhile, along the coast of Seville, gallant captain Thorpe is chained to the oars of a galley, and being savagely whipped, along with his surviving men.......'

Galley slave for the evil Iberians, a fate worse than death.

Hayward, for craps sakes!

Worse than Seville.

No oranges.


What on earth shall I do on weekends?
Suggestions are welcome.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...