Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FEATHERED FELLOW RESIDENTS

Far above the streets I heard a crow calling. I wonder if it’s the same one I heard a while back near the TransAmerica Pyramid?
And I wonder what he does all day.

Crows are gregarious and playful, and while they cannot really be domesticated, they do enjoy the company of creatures that are not like them. There are plenty of videos on the internet that make that clear.
One in particular is rather charming, namely a clip of a crow that befriended a kitten. Over a period of several months the bird fed the small feline and protected it, and long after the kitten had found a human household to live in, the crow remained its best friend. They played together every day.
You can look it up. Youtube.

The Financial District is peaceful on weekends, quite a pleasant change from the rest of the time. Even the pigeons and the street people have gone elsewhere.
Except for crows and solitary individuals, it is empty and deserted.
I probably have more in common with the crows.

I understand that the shopping district, only a few blocks away, is filled with people. I’ve been down there on occasion, but it isn’t my scene. And I hate shopping. 
As entertainment, it ranks right up there with team sports.
North Beach, too, is busy on weekends. A lot of people from out of town indulging in a bit of Beatnik bohemianism, browsing in precious boutiques, and taking photos in front of picturesque backgrounds.
They exclaim animatedly in French, German, and Suburbanese.
It’s not my kind of place on Saturday and Sunday.
At least not during the tourist season.
When all the idiots are in town.

Perhaps again after October.

I am not fond of generic throng.

If I cannot find someone whose company is enjoyable, who simply wants to read, explore a bit, and end the day with a spot of tea at a café where we won’t be bothered by Artists, Bohemians, and Europeans, then I would much rather hang around the Financial District with the crows.

They’re actually very intelligent creatures.

As well as gregarious, and playful.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...