Thursday, September 06, 2012

OBSERVING THE FEAST

"Why are you watching me eat?" He seemed genuinely baffled. And it's a good question - why was he being inspected so intently while he was eating? A lovely plate of chicken au jus, with glazed parsnips, and a spot of potato. The parsnips looked lovely, cooked just perfect. The chicken was also very beautiful.

I'm not sure what his wife said in answer, as I got distracted just at that moment.

But I can well imagine it.


"Why are you watching me eat?"

“Because you are gorgeous, my dear.”


The people we love look beautiful when eating.

Actually, they are always that way, but much much more so when they’re happy and enjoying food.


At this point in my life I am very good at fantasizing what it feels like.

‘....... Delicate hands wielding knife and fork, lips parted charmingly, an intensity of expression as she revels over the flavours, a glint in her eye as she speculatively looks at something on my plate.......’

There are a number of restaurants where it would be very good to eat. Private little places, with good food and unobtrusive service. As well as eateries where two people could go for a casual lunch on Saturday or Sunday, a simple satisfying meal and hot beverages, followed by a stroll through the deserted canyons of the downtown.
The two people in question could afterwards take the cable car back home.
I imagine that both of them would have Muni Fast Passes.
Cable cars are included in the monthly ticket.

How nice to descend the western side of Nob Hill before dark falls, as the fog starts swirling in and obscures the tops of buildings!

------       ------       ------       ------       ------

The food, in case you were wondering, was from Café Tiramisu at 28 Belden Place. It had been brought over to the cigar lounge. She had the Ravioli with Fresh Porcini and Ricotta Cheese with Black Truffle Fondue, which she didn't think she could finish (but she did), he had one of the specials of the day.
I'll confess that I am envious of them.
They're so happy together.
A lovely couple.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Rotisserie Chicken said...

What's that other restaurant next door to the Oxxy?

You know, the one with the aiolis, the lamb shank and white beans, and the chicken sandwhich, that also has the superlative fries.

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...