Tuesday, October 08, 2024

THE SITTING

Yesterday was, of course, unbearably hot. Despite DeSantis and Trump saying that climate change doesn't exist and it's all a commie plot etcetera. That big hurricane barreling down on Trumpistan is just your imagination don't think about and just keep repeating 'la la la' and keep your eyes closed boys. Unbearable. And the icing on my biscuits melted.

In the evening I took the bus to a street where I know a bench, where it was cooler than my apartment, and enjoyed a long smoke in a full-bent 5102 Dunhill county.
The world seemed miles away for a while.

This being San Francisco I am surprised that none of the pedestrians harangued me for killing butterflies and little kittens and children by smoking in public.

Which was very enjoyable. I do it a lot.
Piles of little corpses.


Anyway, I discovered two things today: When you are on your feet all day during work in this heat it's nearly impossible to get up from sitting on the ground because of muscle ache and bad circulation made unbearable by the temperature, AND there are mumerous women with truly lovely legs walking their dogs in the cool of the evening wearing shorts when your sitting on a bench with your pipe.


Honest. I had taken a sit bath several hours after showering to cool down, and had trouble getting up. Nightmare vision of my apartment mate returning home and finding a naked wet white guy grunting on the floor. She's a refined woman, Cantonese, and she does NOT need to see that. No more baths in the heat. Just showers henceforth.
My legs work better in cold weather.
They hurt less too.
Another thing I discovered or realized is that I have no head for marketing. During my siesta in early afternoon (not having slept decently for an entire week I took a nap), I dreamed of a brand new product which while dozing seemed like a brilliant idea. Choco-Pussy Biscocho. When awake again, I realized that the name was problematic for a number of reasons, the proposed package illustration more so. Caramel glazed chocolate cookie halves held together with a raspberry goop, dipped in dark chocolate shavings.

They'd probably be great for afternoon tea time.

These biscochos are yummy!



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN?

We need to have more foggy nights in SF. I realized this when I considered what one could possibly say to a young lady with an extremely sho...