Thursday, October 10, 2024

BARCODES IN THE MIND

Naturally I had forgotten about the Blue Angels. Seeing as I work in Marin, military jets flying overhead during Columbus Day Weekend should not impact me. But, apparently, they need to practise. So that they don't hit the city by accident. Which they did twice today, setting off car alarms and dogs, and startling peaceful Dutchmen having their tea before going out to smoke their pipes. Who then think malign thoughts toward the sky from whence these disturbances came.

A former superior loved Fleetweek and the Blue Angels overhead. It all reminded her of the bombers taking off for North Vietnam, nissan huts, growing up near a base, and the war. Good times.


It just reminds me of bloody swamps. Bloody, bloody, swamps.
Just a question of programming, I guess.


A friend who works out in the avenues is probably pissed as blazes that he has to hear that racket. Which is extremely understandable. Half a dozen state-of-the-art fighter jets pulling wheelies overhead is a bit noisy.
Wouldn't you much rather have the howling winds of a hurricane bringing floods to your entire ghastly trailer park of a state? I'm sure you would.


Had a nice quiet smoke in a financial district alleyway following tea, when it was all over. I'm suprised that I didn't run into any Dutchmen with their pipes. I thought we were a key demographic. Why, there must be dozens of us!



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN?

We need to have more foggy nights in SF. I realized this when I considered what one could possibly say to a young lady with an extremely sho...