Thursday, October 10, 2024

FINE AND JAZZED

Got there well before the set time, and was finished before I was even supposed to be there. I've had good luck in that several times. If you show up ahead of your medical appointment, usually there are at least two or three crusty old farts who didn't make it on time because the doctor is always late. Which in my experience has never actually happened. At neither of the hospitals where I go. Nor at the eye doctor's office, which is just two blocks away from my regular care physician at the clinic.

To put it differently, if you show up on time and have to wait, it's because someone else didn't. And if you scheduled early in the day, your chances are excellent. Come on in!

Fifteen minutes afterwards I had already bought a pack of illegal smokes and was relaxing at the Caffe Trieste over a nice glass of jangle liquid.


The Caffe Trieste, as you should know, does the best jangle liquid.


A while latter, suitably jazzed-up, I was enjoying congee and a fried dough stick back in Chinatown, two blocks away from the clinic, surrounded by small older people speaking Toisanwaa, many of whom were starting their day with black bean spareribs and rice.
Oh, the medical appointment? That was just to follow-up on the tests for the yearly physical. Blood sugar is more normal than it's been in years, protein in the urine is much lower, kidney function better than before, the little nodules on the thryroid show no change, lungs fine, the various things in my blood as usual, all systems functioning okay. So actually, healthier than I've been in years. Next round of appointments for the 2025 physical have been moved forward a couple of months so that it's nowhere near the hot part of the year.

I'm fine. I credit good clean living, venting bile regularly, atheism, ocassionally puffing illegal fags smuggled in in addition to pipesmoking and caffeine, plus eating well. Eating good.

Fatty meats, fried noodles, salt fish, pastries.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN?

We need to have more foggy nights in SF. I realized this when I considered what one could possibly say to a young lady with an extremely sho...