Thursday, December 29, 2016

BEST TWEET EVER!

You will have noticed, if you have visited here before, that not everybody has the ability to read with intelligence and an understanding of nuance.
Between the lines, as it were.
Reading is a skill.

And some people are so thin-skinned their veins need to be glued down.

No, I shan't mention any names, this isn't about them.

Nor, remarkably, is it about me.


Some folks on the internet got their panties in a bunch over something Steve Martin recently tweeted.


"When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher she was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well"

[SOURCE: Steve Martin De-tweets.]


He has taken down the tweet, because social media erupted in outrage at his sexist objectification. Which, if you have a brain, is ridiculous. Intelligence and a sense of humour are extremely alluring, a face more expressive because of a brain is somebody you want to talk to you, it bypasses your filters and grabs hold of your consciousness.

'Yeah, talk to me. I can't hear a single thing that you're saying because I am rather distracted, but please don't stop.'

And by the same token, a woman calmly and intelligently expressing herself well becomes a stick of dynamite, a blaze of glory, a magnet.

Because we all know a few of those icky "mew mew kittens", don't we? The ones that pout, occasionally make whiny sounds, and demand attention without meriting that effort. Expensive handbags, Italian shoes, push-up bras, and make-up applied with an expert hand.
They are more than a little boring.
Sometimes insufferable.


Personally, I think that Steve Martin's heartfelt tweet was one of the nicest things I have seen this year.
Beautiful, witty, and bright. What a lovely compliment!

Such a pity she was strangled by her own bra.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...