Wednesday, April 08, 2009

INTERSECTION

One of the pleasures of blogging is writing something that other people either appreciate, or disagree with utterly. You see, it is about opinions and reactions. Readers who are neither hot nor cold but lukewarm, meh, don't do anything for me.

[Part of blogging is also irritating the spit out of certain people - you know who you are. But this is only a very minor pleasure, much like popping a zit when you think you're alone in the men's room at work.]


A corollary is finding blogs that one enjoys reading. Blogs that say "here is a person who thinks, and has opinions - here is a person one would not mind knowing or surreptitiously stalking".

[That last bit sounds creepier than it is. But most bloggers are either semi-anonymous at the very least, or genuinely have nothing to hide.]


Or, simply put, here is a blog that is good to read:

THE TRUTH AS BEST I KNOW IT
Thoughts, reflections, and other ramblings of one exploring the spiritual road less traveled.
http://matthewlkelley.blogspot.com/



The author is a Methodist pastor in Tennessee. It is quite likely that he and I do not agree on a number of points, some possibly major. On the other hand, despite entirely different lives and backgrounds, I find a lot to enjoy about his subjects and his writing style. He is a thoughtful man, and his blog is a good read. And I think you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

GRANT!PATEL! said...

His most recent post about biblical homsexuality (or the non-ness thereof) is one you would almost definitely agree with.

An interesting man. Not the nutball I would expect a mona of the cloth to be.


---Grant Preachersarebadnewsman!

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...