Sunday, August 18, 2019

WHEN INTERESTS OVERLAP

This blogger is delighted to find out that a columnist exists who goes by the name "Orange Wang". This while reading an article about diminished United States soybean sales to The Peoples Republic of China (on the Mainland).

My guess is that he backs The Netherlands every time the World Cup rolls around. As, indeed, do I. And who wouldn't? The Dutch team always puts up a manly fight, thrills the crowd, never ever bloody wins.

Team Orange is the perfect team for realists.

Close, yet ever unvictorious.

Ultimately.


Orange Wang. Yep. Love orange. Okay.

From the page https://www.scmp.com/author/orange-wang

Quote:
"Orange Wang covers the Chinese macroeconomy, and has many years of experience with China's monetary and fiscal policy moves. He also covered global market and financial news for a long time, with a particular focus on new technologies and their influences on economic growth and society. Before joining the South China Morning Post, Orange worked as a Shanghai Correspondent for ET Net, a Hong Kong financial news agency."
End quote.

I had already gotten to the end of the article before I wigged to the name.
I was planning to write something about the Chinese sneering at America's overpriced nasty-ass soybeans, perhaps quoting the article, because if the inventors of soy products ain't buying, there has to be something wrong with them (the beans), but my delight at so fortuitously finding a fellow fan of Dutch soccer leaves me limp. Quite.


Over the next week or so I shall read his many other articles in the South China Morning Post, which has become one of my favourite news sites.


I am pleased at this happy discovery.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...