Tuesday, August 06, 2019

BIAS: ALWAYS RIGHT!

Regarding Racism, and reverse racism: There are behaviours in every group that will mirror stereotype. This does not mean that the stereotype holds true for everyone in that group, or even most. The only function of a stereotype, when expressed, is mental shorthand.
Laziness.

That having been said, Dutch people are stingy and stubborn, obsessively detail oriented, and always right. If you disagree, they'll argue with you until you concede the point. Even if it takes all evening.

I will speak ill of my own group most, AND employ all the stereotypes.
Because they are closest to me, I can get away with it, and often, from my perspective, they need it more; their occasional stupidity and misbehaviour reflects badly on me. It isn't because I'm saying "not all of us are like that", it's group-specific, because I wish to express "dammit guys, you're making all of us look like asshats", and "stop embarrassing ME, you fools".
What are you? Savages? Illiterates?

As well as "step away before I slap you".
And "get OFF my lawn".


"Dutch people are all stingy and stubborn, obsessively detail oriented, and always right. If you disagree, they'll argue with you until you finally concede the point.
Even if it takes all evening."



I am Dutch. And American. And Caucasian, although there is definitely a trace of something native American in the mix, and there might be a few other things from late mediaeval times there too. So when I criticize the behaviours of other people, it is from that perspective and with those pertinent details in mind. Usually.

Because I speak Cantonese, as well as mediocre Indonesian, and totally fractured Hindi (Hinglish), plus bits and pieces of other languages, I am slightly more aware of certain cultural characteristics (both good and bad) of some people than most folks are. On a few occassions I will bring those up. Yeah, I'll try to be diplomatic. I frequently do not wish to cause offense.


Cantonese people are admirably stubborn; they're like the Dutch in that regard.

Punjabis and Bengalis, when bored, may start a ruckus; just for funsies.

Turks and Persians can be very charming.


When white people do something stupid and show their ass in public I will often be more blunt. For crapsakes, you blistering pustules, STOP DOING THAT!
If you actually want everyone to be like us, kindly act in a way that sets an admirable example. Be courteous, be gallant, forthright, and above all, act like gentlemen! Don't be so golddarned iggerunt! Especially in public. You can be an unwashed barbarian and invade Rome in your basement.
Where no one can see you.

Please keep your redneckism in redneckistan.
This ain't a damned trailer park.
Hold the effing door!
Don't grunt.



Also, all of you goddamned Christians, start acting like Christians.
Not like Mitch McConnell.

Okay?!?



Oh, and by the way, in case it slipped by you, Dutch people are stingy and stubborn, obsessively detail oriented, and always right. If you disagree, they'll argue with you until you concede the point.



We also remember what you did wrong.
It's impossible to forget.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...