Monday, February 04, 2019

CHINESE NEW YEAR'S EVE HAPPINESS

Having just returned home, the prospect of two days off work beckons. And given that I am still recovering from the procedure on Friday, and a bit bushed, you will understand that the break is gilded even more. Now, initially I had planned to go down to Chinatown tomorrow for porkchops, but there is a great chance that the restaurant to wish I wish to go is closed for Chinese New Year. Today, Monday February 4, 2019, is New Year's eve. Good thing that there is a tonne of food in the house.
About the only thing I may accomplish tomorrow is visiting my bank.

In any case, happy New Year to everybody.


新年快樂,歲歲平安,萬事如意,身體健康 。
May your New Year be happy, the coming years be peaceful, all things come to a desired fruition, and may you have vibrant good health; 'san nin faai lok, seui seui ping on, maan si yiu yi, san tai kin hong'.


I'm still thinking about those porkchops. My cardiologist has not yet given me the lecture about what not to do, so it's still all wide open.
Nice fatty porkchops!

I am obsessed.

I wonder if any good places to eat are open tomorrow.


Meanwhile, for dinner in a while, duck. Rice, gailan, and a sambal. Plus a cup of coffee. My apartment mate is in her room, in bed, reading -- it looks like she probably didn't go out all day, because once a month she takes a Monday off -- and given how beastly buggery cold the weather is, that was a wise choice. Except for the fact that I am vibrant and go stir-crazy from inactivity, I would opt for a similar course tomorrow.
Oh, and the unfortunate circumstance that I cannot smoke at home, what with my apartment mate being a non-smoker......
That's where Chinatown comes in. Everybody there has relatives who smoke, many of them are the relative who smokes, and most people there do not sneer venomously at smokers, because they take for granted that men have bad habits.

If you see someone looking five days post-operative and fragile, with a pipe in his mouth and a gleam in his eye down there tomorrow, that will be me.


The fragility lessens with each day.
Great leaps of improvement.


By next week I should have a sun tan and look like a young Greek god.
Golden curls, instead of salt and pepper mouse colour.

Or something very similar.
Improved.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...