Sunday, February 10, 2019

A FEAST OF SPARKS

Someone recently asked me a question which made me realize that I like warm beverages more than most women. Or, for that matter, than I like most people of any gender. Reason being that I am not a particularly social person; a huge happy party and their chattering loudness soon tires me out.
But I can successfully pretend to be "social".
I am, apparently, a likable sort.

At work I am reasonably affable to several people. What they all have in common is that they read, they are middle-aged and intelligent, and they're male. Two or three people are female, and I get along well with them -- one of them is a joy to work with -- but if they did not have a sense of humour, their presence would pall.

One friend who used to drop by often has been largely invisible since early summer of last year. Reason being that he has a new girlfriend. Whom I have never met. That isn't a problem, and I'm very happy for both of them. Unfortunately, I believe that he has acquired several more briars since then, given his obsession, and I have neither seen those items, nor discussed them with him. So I'm curious. His wood knowledge is quite intense.
We've also discussed cheese in the past.
And a few other subjects.

He's "dating". I have avoided that entirely in the last eight years.

I have no idea what he and his girlfriend do on a date.


My idea of an ideal date would probably be to down to Chinatown for a cup of hot Hong Kong milk tea and a flaky egg tart at Wing Hing occasionally, or pork chops and rice at Lei Ching or San Pan Mei. Much like I do already.
A woman with the same sensitivities would appreciate that.


Very many women are just far too fascinating, active, and vibrant for that. They like dogs, long walks on the beach by moonlight, or rafting down the Amazon. Some of them intimately know their chakras and their aura, and avoid both gluten and animal protein.

Or Jesus is their friend.

Yes. No.






==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...