Sunday, January 27, 2019

DELICIOUS HAA PIEN

On the bus back from C'town four little girls sat next to me eating shrimp chips. They spoke in mostly Cantonese, with the occasional English word thrown in. Like the word "share". Of which, evidently, they did not know the Cantonese equivalent. The oldest child may have been five years old.

When I was her age, I had not even discovered shrimp chips yet. It wasn't until my parents introduced me to Indonesian food that I first ate kroepoek (krupuk). Shortly after that I also discovered sambal and seroendeng.
These were all happy discoveries.

Little tykes offering each other crispy crunchies are adorable.
But they need napkins. Otherwise they aren't perfect.

Chomp chomp chomp chomp.
Nom nom nom nom.
Krupuk.




蝦片 'haa pien'; krupuk. 分享 'fan hurng'; sharing. 好味 'hou mei'; yummy.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...