Wednesday, December 14, 2016

SINGING IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL

Shaloub, Kavita, and Dah-veed were there as an off-site, building team and trust among the employees of the company. And singing was a regrettable part of that. But what to sing? Few of their colleagues were gifted.

The bookseller and myself were there as the fair and uninvolved witnesses, sitting in benign though apathetic judgment over their efforts.
We were melodically uninvolved.

Someone asked me what I would sing, if I were them.

Bad move.

The only song I could remember, thanks to the evil influence of a fellow Dutch American pipe-smoker all the way across country ("M") was The Mayor of Bayswater.

It is quite unsuitable for little children.
Or ladies of refinement.


ONE BLACK ONE WHITE ONE ...


[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDKhcCwCHi0.]

The world is manifestly a better place because that song is not in the karaoke book.

Given that the chorus is both memorable and simple, it is very suitable as a singalong, but the employees of whatever that company is would, in their mid-twenties high-tech nerdling innocence, have been scarred for life.
And who wants that?


They ended up singing John Denver's 'Country Road'.
Innocent little wussies.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

San Francisco yuppies, no matter how many stock options they have been granted, are no match for stout rugger buggers. Why, I'd wager that the poor dears have never even been shagged on a Saturday night...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh84x7LuPEQ

M

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...