Tuesday, February 09, 2016

HAVE A HAPPY MONKEY YEAR! FIND OUT HOW!

As you know, the Year of the Monkey started yesterday morning, in consequence of which several readers discovered an essay I wrote a few years ago which seems perfectly appropriate for the festive season. Wherefore I would bring it to your attention.
It is informative and educational.

Dare I say it, enlightening.


MONKEYS CURE GOUT
[ http://atthebackofthehill.blogspot.com/2013/10/monkeys-cure-gout.html ]


I must correct a misapprehension that I had at that time, and which many people still have, namely that mid-fifties means elderly or even antique.
That is by no means accurate.

The mid-fifties are the 'new Lion King era', albeit primarily for males.
Men of that age have finally matured, become thoughtful, and many of them are ready to settle down with a zesty hot blonde.
Who could be of either gender.
Possibly both.

Being the eccentric that I am, hot blondes (of all genders) do not do much for me -- small zesty brunettes, on the other hand -- but I sincerely encourage all hot blondes who read this to seriously look at the single men around them again. Sure, the scraggy-chinned hipster with the man-bun and the fancy bicycling get-up may look appealing, but he's got nothing on Captain Haddock over there.


Young men, especially nowadays, are largely soulles "shpritz-for-brains" and cannot possibly give you the intelligent conversation and "beefsteak-in-a-romantic-grillroom-with-fine-wine-and tablecothes" that you desire.

They're still eating tofu, kale, and glutenfree pizza at that age. As well as interrupting every single conversation with "hold on, I've got to answer my cell phone", "this is great for your abs", and similar inane utterances.
Heck, many of them would rather play World of Warcraft or Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution than have a conversation.


For your information, I am a vibrant and mature male, with well-formed thoughts, and an educated taste in food. And I never play video games, but smoke a pipe, read books and scholarly articles, and take long walks accompanied by an imaginary dog.



Nor do I have a cellphone; we will not be interrupted.


Remember, monkeys cure gout!
I can prove it.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

But will a puppymonkeybaby cure gout?

Anonymous said...

https://www.yahoo.com/style/chinese-woman-dumps-boyfriend-turning-103044329.html

The back of the hill said...

@ e-kvetcher,

Probably makes it worse, far worse. That is a creepy ad, and more than a little disturbing. I hit reply several times. I may end up trying the product, just because.

I find the ad strangely fascinating.



@ Anonymous (9:43 AM),

Not really surprising for a Shanghainese woman. And it's a attitudinal undercurrent in many Chinese women from other provinces and regionalect groupings also, most noticeable among those who lack 義 to a great degree. 義 is, frequently, too old-fashioned a value to expect from the prosperous classes. Especially the nouveau riche.

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...