Monday, February 08, 2016

PROSPECTS OF CHINESE FOOD FOR THE NEW YEAR

Given my schedule, it should not surprise you that I am looking forward to tomorrow. Which is when my weekend begins. Normally I head into Chinatown for sustenance, but tomorrow will necessarily be somewhat exploratory, seeing as many places will still be closed for New Year.
Those that aren't may become wonderful new favourites, however.

Doubtlessly many of the Bubble Tea shops will be open; teenagers need their fruity tapioca ball drinks, the world is a cold and sad place if these aren't available!

Several of the emporia and restaurants that cater to tourists will likewise be open for business, because who knows, a rich Iowan or New Hampshire matron of enormous girth and no taste whatsoever may waltz in, squeal in happy discovery, and promptly blow half of her late husband's fortune on Trinkets! And Eggrolls!


The world is also a cold and sad place without trinkets and eggrolls.


Although today is the first day of Chinese New Year, I shall be working. The rules of good luck and bad luck work differently for white people, maybe not even at all, and I am white, so I have no pressing need to avoid potentially fraught encounters.

If necessary, I shall tell people that what they want, they cannot have.

Gently, with compassion, but evenso exceedingly firmly.

Maybe there are alternatives.



Hypothetically:
You cannot have Cubans because the embargo has not been lifted yet, Denver lost yesterday so sad so sad, our side will win the next election and you will be bereft, it's still bad for your health no matter how much kale you put in it, have you considered putting a raw beefsteak on that eye, and that's a damned ugly motorcar.

All uttered quite sincerely, with a charming clarity to my voice and my diction, like I'm their newly-found understanding uncle or whatever.

I'm actually thinking of what I will have for lunch tomorrow as I say that.

And wondering if a nice strong cup of milk-tea may be had.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Pedant said...

Denver won yesterday. The pot is flying. The people are high. Life is good, man.

Search This Blog

THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT WOMEN

There are several artists rolling over in their graves right now. One or two aren't dead yet, but never mind. Rolling. Among them Frank ...