Thursday, February 04, 2016

TARKA THIS!

While wondering what there might possibly be to eat or snack upon in this neighborhood that didn't require me to cook it myself -- I'm tired right now, and don't feel like whipping up a sambal goreng, bami, or ayam bumbu rudjak -- I cruised into youtube, and found a food video that spoke to me.

And when I say that it spoke to me, what I mean is that is was rude, crude, and totally spot on.

You've heard me mention that everything tastes better with hot sauce, yes? Even food in Marin, which is where I ate today. Whatever the heck "chicken salad" is, a chicken salad sandwich tastes infinitely better with hot sauce.
If they also added some crispy bacon, sharp blue cheese, and toasted cumin, it might be more than merely edible, but hot sauce is essential.

It de-borifies it.


There are not enough Mexicans in Marin.


COULDN'T YOU AT LEAST ADD A MASALA?!?

[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo2b531x4H4.]


Now, please understand that Jus Reign, who made the video, lives in the middle of Canada, where spices and flavour are hard to come by. Their cooking started off as British, and then improved on that by removing anything even remotely eye-brow raising.

And, sadly, he didn't even feature the national dish: Poutine.
Just add hot sauce.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...