Monday, August 12, 2024

VIM AND VIGOUR

Apparently becoming older requires paperwork as well as many irritating conversations with bureaucrats. Which is not actually something I have studied for, and I would be perfectly fine remaining young forever. Say, around mid-thirties age-wise. I do not think I'd make a good senior citizen. It's not something for which I have the proper temperament.
Which tells you some of what I've been doing this morning.
Telephone appointments.


Also irksome is that in the last half dozen years I have shrunk an inch in height. In my late teens I was five foot nine inches. When little nurse Mak measured my height at the hospital three years back she was going to write five foot seven in the file, but we compromised.
I argued persuasively that as she was considerably shorter than myself, she had no way of knowing what it exactly was, and I refused to go any lower than five foot eight.
Personally I think it's a little over that.

She probably put down five foot seven inches.
I need to get a hold of that file.
A personal crusade.


Please think of me as a tall vibrant thirty year old and as ever full of piss and vinegar.
I assure you that I can dance on tables. I don't, but I could.
And I'm still very, very liberal.
Also, I remain considerably younger than many members of the pipe club. That has to count for something. If absolutely necessary I could catch a rodent.


Yesterday I had a conversation with one of the other members about food. We agreed that lobsters would make wonderful pets. All they need is a butter bath. It keeps their pelts shiny. And human food would be no problem for them; fatty pork (with salt vegetable or fermented black beans), a side of mustard greens with shrimp or oyster sauce. Plus various Cantonese condiments. And crusty French bread. They could keep the darling little herd of Kumamoto oysters company in the paddock.

This was a segue from discovering that we're both taking atorvastatin.
Which is a free pass for cheese and bacon consumption.
Besides having many other benefits.


Yeah, okay, I rather tend to give lousy medical advice.
Better than an antivaxxer or gluten-phobe.
But that's a very low bar.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

TAKE A WALK

Two young fellows of Indian or Pakistani heritage got on the bus at the same time as myself. They conversed animatedly using words that indi...