Thursday, August 08, 2024

THEY CRAWL AMONG US

Yesterday someone slimed about Walz to me. Proving that Republican disinformation is alive and well. Now, this person walks upright and doesn't drag his knuckles, and is also extremely literate, but it disturbs me that he uncritically fell for falsehood that J. D. Vance spread to the gullibles. So this election will be longer than usual, and I dread going in to work tomorrow, because of the sour old Republican sacks of shit with whom I regularly deal.

No, I shall not rehash that rightwing bullpuckey here, because I have no wish to discuss it in any way with squawking dingos sputtering "but, but, but, he said ..." and then making stupid remarks that I would have to dispute. There is no point in talking about anything at all with people who have their heads up their asses.

Which seems to be a larger group than I previously thought.


Years ago I was a more boring and disputatious person. Now I am less "social and outgoing", and prefer to keep my counsel to myself, discussing many things only with close friends, and anonymously (because you don't know who I am) on this blog.

There is no need to convince everyone that the world is not flat or that creationism is a load of bollocks and evolution is real. Or, for that matter, that they really should get flu and covid shots. Some people are just much more likely to die alone in their basements of completely avoidable diseases, still convinced that only they know the truth.
IT'S LIKE A SEMI-PRIVATE ISLAND


And I'm cool with that. I am on an extended mental vacation from idiocy. I have sustenance, wikipedia, actual news sites (even though a few of them have nauseating biases), places for milk tea and snacks, and a stockpile of pipe tobacco stashed in the book-littered apartment which I share with an antisocial person with her own interests, who is much saner than she thinks she is and has become more tolerant of my peculiarities over the years.

Mmm. Yes, okay, hearing her talking with the small animals in her own room late at night or early in the morning is a bit odd. But they're mostly sane too, except for two or three who frequently have to be spoken to quite firmly.

But none of them are Republicans, flat-earthers, or anti-vaxxers.
And only one of them has Nazi tendencies.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

TAKE A WALK

Two young fellows of Indian or Pakistani heritage got on the bus at the same time as myself. They conversed animatedly using words that indi...