Wednesday, August 07, 2024

NOT DISCUSSING THE WEATHER

If you have too much chocolate after lunch (eaten late in the afternoon, first meal all day), it will give you a slight bout of acid indigestion. So you swallow a stomach settling pill (平胃片 'ping wai pin') with a shot of coffee before leaving the house. And by the time I finished a very satisfying bowl of tobacco in Chinatown, while watching the European tourists heading back to their hotels and the American businessmen here for important meetings going out for a night on the town, everything was oojah cum spiff.

Well, okay, one of the passers-by was disquiting. A lanky dude with loud angry statements about heads that had to be cut off. Bit of a nutter.
Still audible after a block.


Because the beer place was crowded, and we could see a shower of c*nts heading in to the karaoke den, we went elsewhere. Where both Tat Yee and the "most dangerous man in Chinatown" (self styled) were hanging out. Anthony Bourdain on one television, the Paris Olympics on the other three. Fatty grilled meats and lean sweaty runners.

["A shower of cunts" is a popular expression in Britain. A group of annoying tw*ts.]



It is likely that head cutting dude isn't welcome there.
I mentioned to my friend that I have a phone appointment next week to talk about the same issue that call-centre droogs keep calling me about. Whenever the spammers phone I keep responding in Cantonese and they hang up. This morning one of the callers was actually Cantonese. From my insurance company. Legitimate.
What are the odds?


You'll be glad to know that if anyone tries to cut off my head I will be fully covered. And it's not just my head; all violent attacks using sharp or pointy weapons with the goal of separating body parts will also be taken care of.


Not that I worry particularely about that, but San Francisco does get visitors from Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, so there is always the threat of off kilter behaviours.

Well, besides karaoke, I mean.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

TAKE A WALK

Two young fellows of Indian or Pakistani heritage got on the bus at the same time as myself. They conversed animatedly using words that indi...