Monday, August 19, 2024

PLEASE, NO HAUNTING ODOURS

The ghost cat is back. It seems fairly harmless, does not pay attention to invisible beings, and as far as I can tell it isn't judging me. Or demanding food. Or killing small things.
Which conclusively proves that it isn't alive anymore.
Especially the food bit.


It probably senses that I am, somewhat, a cat person. So it feels comfortable wandering in and out of the corner of my eye.

The previous times it was here that I noticed were in the half light of early morning or the glow from the light in the hallway on the corner table which I leave on all night so that I can find my way to the bathroom without crashing into things and waking the building up.
There are walls there, and they're closer than I think.

When you indulge in caffeinated beverages all day and also in the evening, you will need to at some point visit the loo. It's an inevitable occurence. I hope that there is also a ghost cat box here, for obvious reasons. Animals sometimes mark their territory.

Don't want ghost pee everywhere.
That would be bad.
One of the reasons I always keep the kitchen window open is to make sure that the reek of my occasional pipe smoked during the day when my apartment mate is at work and I'm off doesn't hang around. Further to that end, I seldom smoke inside after two o'clock, so that any lingering fumes have a chance to dissipate. Other windows also sometimes get opened (I'm used to freezing my nether end off during winter), the door to her room is always firmly shut.

Subterfuge is a virtue. Even if the person who shares part of the apartment has a lousy sense of smell. Which she clearly does. Which is why, as a Cantonese female of fine sensibilities, one would her expect her not to. By any means.

I'm a grumpy bachelor with predictable bad habits.
I cuss in foreign languages and act oddly.
Plus, you know, those smells.

No need to add ghostly urine to the equation.


So far the ghost cat doesn't seem to mind the whisps of matured red Virginia tobacco with a hint of Perique that issue from the teevee room. But it will not come in here much.
It seems to prefer the area near the bookshelves in my bedroom.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

TAKE A WALK

Two young fellows of Indian or Pakistani heritage got on the bus at the same time as myself. They conversed animatedly using words that indi...