Thursday, July 27, 2023

JUSTICE WITH A BOTTLE OF HOT SAUCE

To my great surprise, I got picked to sit on a jury. No, not in judgment of some girlie poncing across the stage in a bikini with an accordion -- she's guilty, y'all -- but as one of a dozen or so peers of another person of a gender who is alleged to have done something for which there are witnesses and expert testimony plus two reserve jurors.

Some of us are not his or her peers. I sit in awe ofthese fellow jurors. They are extremely impressive yet humble people. I am not impressive, and fairly arrogant.

Case won't last too long, should be over before we're halfway through August.
Here is a picture of a fish (鱈魚 'suet yü'; cod fish) which has nothing at all to with the case, because I am not allowed to discuss this beyond mentioning that it involves a person, of a gender, who is alleged to have done something for which there are witnesses and expert testimony plus two reserve jurors.

However, I did find out one thing. Northerners do use too much oil, far more than Cantonese. Lunch was not bad, and the portions there are generous, plus a bowl of soup comes with all rice plate specials, which are reasonably priced. But 涼瓜雞 ('leung gwaa kai'; bittermelon chicken) really does not require a lot of grease in the pan when cooking it. Maybe that's for the Caucasians, but other than myself there are very few Cauckies who would even order it. And most of their customers are white, black, Filipino, or Mexican.

I enjoyed my meal, but I didn't have quite enough time for my pipe afterwards. I'll have to keep that on mind next week when the trail starts.
I'll probably revisit that restaurant next week. They're very hard working, and they're decent people. And their Mandarin is clean. Good diction. Will find out more about them, probably. Won't pack as much tobacco into my pipe for afterwards. Time constraints.


I tipped generously. They're hard working, and that is a horrible neighborhood.
And they have a satisfactory replacement for Sriracha.
盛記是拉差 。



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

WATCH OUT FOR THE WILD LIFE

The first few hours of being out and about were the same length of time as the last few hours. But I got a lot more done, because it was coo...