Sunday, October 19, 2014

IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS, AND SOON AT A BIG BOX

Years ago I was involved with the toy industry. There were a lot of creative types in that company, and I prided myself on being one of them. Unfortunately I was in the accounting department, which testifies to my actual abilities instead of my imagined brilliance.
They came up with ideas.

In all honesty, so did I.

"Chainsaws for girls! The Baby Destructo in its own sleeve, or the cute and ultra femmy Little Miss Mayhem, with aplique butterflies and unicorns! Purse size!"

No, that didn't catch on.

"Trainwreck zombies! They've got the neatest commuter outfits! Fake Louis Vuitton!"

Also not a winner.


Part of the problem was that upper management consisted of middle-aged stick-insects who took delight in shooting down brilliant ideas, while wholeheartedly backing some really stupid things, like the belief that children are soft and fluffy and totally non-aggressive vegetarians at heart. All they need is peace, love, and understanding.
You and I both know that that's a load of pucky.


This past Tuesday I had another brilliant idea.

"What if Transformers meets My Little Pony?"

Think about it; a perfect San Francisco toy.


"My Little Tranny!"


I think it could work.

It's "empowering".

Interactive.


It will challenge stereotypes while nurturing the archetype.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...