Wednesday, September 18, 2024

MENTAL DUSTBUNNIES

The name Max Leberoff was stuck in my head. Possibly one of the other tenants, I think he passed me as I was talking to my landlady about the two midle-aged lesbians moving into the apartment at the end the well-lit side hallway down the steps from the main passage. And there were cars constantly circling up in the parking garage structure. Going outside I saw that it had been drizzle-misting, the gaps between the main trunks of trees in front of the childcare centre a couple of streets over were a light grey.

This is unseasonal. September is usually hot as blazes.
Tropical and unpleasant.

Who the heck is Max Leberoff? And what had that dream meant? There is no well-lit hallway with comfortable looking lesbians in the building, and that parking garage had certain absurd features, like for instance a sunny living room with drafting tables quite open to traffic. I had been determined to tell the guard at the gate to stop allowing drivers to go up that far.

The drizzle mist was real. Quite beautiful.


This may have been caused by the caffeine before bed last night.
Not the weather, though. That was real.
To the best of my knowledge I have never even met anyone named Max Leberoff. But in my dream I remembered him as a likeable man, though irritating because of an obsession with details which I knew were unimportant. Neurosis or aspergers, and very typical of his class. Possibly a talmudist or pipe collector, maybe both. It had been years.

There is a fair chance that the excess of chocolate I consumed late last night formed this dream. Theobromine is not particularly known for psychoactive effect, however, and is far less of a mood enhancer than commonly believed. It does have short-term beneficial influence on blood pressure.

More investigation is needed. Tzarich iyun.



In case you were wondering, I have acquired another pack of illegal cigarettes, which I shall be enjoying periodically over the next week or so, in addition to my pipes. Everyone should have a vice, it's good for the mental equilibrium. I have several.
Ask your doctor.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A CUNNING PLAN

Blood pressure pills. Coffee. Tobacco. And cat feeding. Meaning that the apartment mate is downstairs feeding our landlady's cat, becaus...