Saturday, September 23, 2017

WARMLY OOZING GOODNESS

My apartment mate knows how to manipulate me so that I do exactly what she wants. As an illustration: I had replaced the bulb in the kitchen light fixture, using the type mandated by the authorities here in SF. Which may be the same as what the state demands now be used. Super earth friendly macrobiotic all natural gmo-free twisty bulbs, made by spiritual people.
The bulb gave out an industrial light, somewhat clear and cold.
I was fine with it. Not the same, but whatever.
She positively despised it.


She told me she was going to find a better bulb today.

When I got home this evening, there was food and a slice of cake waiting.

I can be bought; my price is roast duck and rice, plus pastry.

That's cheap, I know.


Please understand that I am five foot eight and a half, she is only five five.
I have further reach, better leverage, and longer arms. When I stand on the stepladder, I can grunt and swear and take off the glass cover of the light, whereas she would need two or three extra steps.

We now have a new light in the kitchen.
It glows somewhat warmer.



I'll do almost anything if it's nice roast duck.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:

LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

QUIET STEW

Figuring out where to have lunch some days is a bit problematic. Not today -- that's already mapped out -- but specifically Mondays and ...