Tuesday, August 22, 2017

YOUR LIFE IS INCOMPLETE

Several books and movies define modern culture. You've probably heard of most of them, works like Citizen Kane, Apocalypse Now, Lord of the Flies, Clockwork Orange, Wind in the Willows, Totoro, Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane, The Readers Digest Collected Shakespeare .....

Infinitely quotable stuff: The Big Lebowski, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Borat, The Godfather, Deliverance.

Under the right circumstances, I personally cannot hear certain things without repeating to myself the phrase: "paddle faster, I hear banjos".

And I also automatically think of the name 'Cletus' when I do so.]


You might even consider some of these piffle.
Gone With The Wind, for instance.
Scarlett is a bitch.


But irrespective of your personal opinion, they are part of you and how you express yourself. Their themes and tropes are deeply embedded in your subconscious. You understand the world in their words.





Precisely so.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...