Wednesday, August 23, 2017

MAYBE HE'S ON CRACK?

Living in San Francisco puts one in touch with a vast spectrum of humanity that includes rambling drug addicts, the utterly insane, investment bankers, potentially violent psychos, denizens of the heartland, and people who have turned English into a private language so abstruse that it would take a linguistics major to figure out what planet they came from.

As you can guess I put up with many of them. I have to.

I also know individuals who voted for Trump.

Who speechiweechied yesterday.

He knows words.


No, I did not watch or listen. That man gives me gas. Fortunately CNN did, and then happily highlighted fifty seven key statements from last night that taken together tell you everything you need to know about the man and the orator. In his florilegium (Donald Trump -- Arizona speech) editor Chris Cillizza interpolated clarificatory remarks, to make it easier to understand. But I feel that the material stands on its own as stream of consciousness spew from a diseased mind. Sort of a crazy man on bus kind of thing.


Here it is, without the comments.

Trumpismo!

"And just so you know from the Secret Service, there aren't too many people outside protesting, OK. That I can tell you. A lot of people in here, a lot of people pouring right now. They can get them in. Whatever you can do, fire marshals, we'll appreciate it. You know I'd love it if the cameras could show this crowd, because it is rather incredible. It is incredible. We went to center stage almost from day one in the debates. We love those debates. Our movement is a movement built on love.

We all share the same home, the same dreams and the same hopes for a better future. A wound inflicted upon one member of our community is a wound inflicted upon us all.

I see all those red hats and white hats. It's all happening very fast. It's called: 'Make America Great Again.' Just like (the media doesn't) want to report that I spoke out forcefully against hatred, bigotry and violence and strongly condemned the neo-Nazis, the White Supremacists, and the KKK. So here is my first statement when I heard about Charlottesville -- and I have a home in Charlottesville, a lot of people don't know. 
So here's what I said, really fast, here's what I said on Saturday: 'We're closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia' -- this is me speaking. 'We condemn in the strongest, possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence.' That's me speaking on Saturday.


I think I can't do much better, right?


I hope they're showing how many people are in this room, but they won't. I call them anarchists. Because, believe me, we have plenty of anarchists. They don't want to talk about the anarchists. If you're reading a story about somebody, you don't know. You assume it's honest, because it's like the failing New York Times, which is like so bad. It's so bad. 

Or the Washington Post, which I call a lobbying tool for Amazon, OK, that's a lobbying tool for Amazon.

Or CNN, which is so bad and so pathetic, and their ratings are going down. I mean, CNN is really bad, but ABC this morning -- I don't watch it much, but I'm watching in the morning, and they have little George Stephanopoulos talking to Nikki Haley, right? Little George. I didn't say I love you because you're black, or I love you because you're white, or I love you because you're from Japan, or you're from China, or you're from Kenya, or you're from Scotland or Sweden. I love all the people of our country.

How about -- how about all week they're talking about the massive crowds that are going to be outside. Where are they? Well, it's hot out. It is hot. I think it's too warm. You know, they show up in the helmets and the black masks, and they've got clubs and they've got everything -- Antifa! Then I said, racism is evil. Do they report that I said that racism is evil? Now they only choose, you know, like a half a sentence here or there and then they just go on this long rampage, or they put on these real lightweights all around a table that nobody ever heard of, and they all say what a bad guy I am. But, I mean do you ever see anything -- and then you wonder why CNN is doing relatively poorly in the ratings.

But with me, they wanted me to say it, and I said it. And I said it very clearly, but they refused to put it on. I hit him with neo-Nazi. I hit them with everything. I got the white supremacists, the neo-Nazi. I got them all in there, let's say. KKK, we have KKK. I got them all. So then the last one, on Tuesday -- Tuesday I did another one: 'We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America.' So that was my words.

Now, you know, I was a good student. I always hear about the elite. You know, the elite. They're elite? I went to better schools than they did. I was a better student than they were. I live in a bigger, more beautiful apartment, and I live in the White House, too, which is really great.

The words were perfect. They only take out anything they can think of, and for the most part, all they do is complain. But they don't put on those words. And they don't put on me saying those words. And yes, by the way -- and yes, by the way, they are trying to take away our history and our heritage. You see that. I really think they don't like our country. I really believe that.

Look back there, the live red lights. They're turning those suckers off fast out there. They're turning those lights off fast. CNN does not want its falling viewership to watch what I'm saying tonight, I can tell you. If I don't have social media, I probably would not be standing. They'll say, 'Donald Trump is in a Twitter-storm.' These are sick people. You would think -- you would think they'd want to make our country great again, and I honestly believe they don't. I honestly believe it.

The New York Times essentially apologized after I won the election, because their coverage was so bad, and it was so wrong, and they were losing so many subscribers that they practically apologized. I must tell you, Fox has treated me fairly. Fox treated me fairly. How good is Hannity? How good is Hannity? And he's a great guy, and he's an honest guy. And 'Fox and Friends in the Morning' is the best show, and it's the absolute, most honest show, and it's the show I watch.

Oh, those cameras are going off. Wow. That's the one thing, they're very nervous to have me on live television. I'm a person that wants to tell the truth. I'm an honest person, and what I'm saying, you know is exactly right.


You've got people outside, but not very many!


So, was Sheriff Joe convicted for doing his job? He should have had a jury, but you know what? I'll make a prediction. I think he's going to be just fine, OK? It was like 115 degrees. I'm out signing autographs for an hour. I was there. That was a hot day.

But believe me, if we have to close down our government, we're building that wall. 'Extreme vetting' -- I came up with that term. And we have to speak to Mitch and we have to speak to everybody. But, you know, they all said, Mr. President, your speech was so good last night, please, please, Mr. President don't mention any names. So I won't. I won't. No I won't vote -- one vote away, I will not mention any names. Very presidential, isn't' it? Very presidential.

And nobody wants me to talk about your other senator, who's weak on borders, weak on crime, so I won't talk about him. Nobody wants me to talk about him. Nobody knows who the hell he is. Did you see Gruber got fired yesterday? He got fired because he defrauded somebody or something. Something very bad happened. Check it out. Something happened.

One vote -- speak to your senator, please. Speak to your senator. I think we've gotten more than anybody, including Harry Truman, who was number one, but they will tell you we've got none. But Kim Jong Un, I respect the fact that I believe he is starting to respect us. I respect that fact very much. Respect that fact. 

I don't believe that any president has accomplished as much as this president in the first six or seven months. I really don't believe it. They're trying to take away our culture. They are trying to take away our history. So I think we'll end up probably terminating NAFTA at some point, OK? Probably."

[End cite.]


If that man were on Muni heading downtown, you'd sit well away.

Back up, you creep.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

James said...

Get used to it, pal. Only 6 more years to go. If you don't believe that, YOU'VE got a little something extra in YOUR pipe. ��

Search This Blog

BEFORE THE RAINS

Well, sleep was sheerly awful. Legs. My cardiologist tells me that there is a solution for that. Yet I hesitate, because I'm walking mor...