Thursday, December 31, 2015

WELCOMING THE NEW YEAR

Traditionally, in preparation for the new year, most people do two things:
they resolve to become a new and better person, and then they go out and get blitz-roaring blotto. Yay, new year!

Orgasms! Public intoxication!
And handcuffs!


This blogger doesn't do that. A little alcohol is fine, but those photos of me dancing Gangnam Style were taken when I was stone cold sober.
Just imagine what would have happened if I were squiffy.

Nor do I make resolutions.

I am already perfect.



Actually, there are some resolutions from a long time ago that necessarily take precedence (they're first on list, and first to be ignored), and I have already managed to become a better person.

In my twenties I was far from complete, and I'm quite glad I am no longer like the young fellow I was back then.

I'm fairly happy with how I have changed in the intervening years.
My personality, diction, and knowledge have improved.
I am a more diplomatic person than before.
And I still like tobacco.


Yeah, my pipe collection is a hell of a lot better than it was. Inevitably, and accidentally. But the character improvements are largely due to the people with whom I associate, and who after all these years still tolerate my company; I have been exceedingly fortunate in that regard.

Older, yes. Wiser, perhaps a little.
It's work in progress.


I hope all of you have a great new year, achieve whatever you most want, and end up stinking rich and happy in the process.


Now, I'm heading out for a slice of pizza, after which I'll enjoy a pipeful of tobacco and a little whisky. Have a good night, folks.
See you in 2016.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too collect lot of cigar pipes and good quality of cigar humdiors

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optimistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...