Thursday, October 15, 2015

POOONJABBY!

Whenever the bookseller and I meet on the bus, we greet each other. Most friendly. "Arre bhai, kia kaise hai." "Oh, thik hai, thik hai, bahot kripalu se, aapna?" "Thik, thik, thik ... " "Bhi thik, bhai." "Jal-raha hai ... "
Per a long-standing tradition, it is in Hindustani.
Reflecting mutual appreciation for curry.
I worked in a Desi restaurant.
Several years ago.


Which is why I think that this video is AWESOME!


JUS REIGN EXPRESSES HIMSELF
INDIAN RESTAURANTS ARE SAVAGE


[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHoBGD6Uew.]

Everything in that clip is true. Everything.
I just licked my own elbow.
Bilkol sacha!
Yaar.


BTW, nearly everybody is named Ahluwalia. I don't know why this is so. Jay Ahluwalia. "Allo namaste I can be kindly speaking to mister Ahluwalia, yaar?" Which Ahluwalia please?" "Mister Jay Ahluwalia!"
"Ahhhhhhh, kaun'sa, bhai-saheb, har' kise Jay hai ... "
Well, actually, they aren't. But they've probably changed their handle to something white people can pronounce.

Like mister Jus Reign, whose real name probably is a tongue twister.
I'm guessing something like "Jay Singh", for instance.
Very mushkil, is it.


YOU! ARE A PIECE OF MEAT!
THINGS I HATE ABOUT INDIA


[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG3KlSIsrec.]

I'm like muy sympatico or sumpin' wid diz bro', 'coz I can jus' imagine the heavy conversations he been having with Canadians about India.
Talking with them is bound to be weird, they're not like us.
Things are cold and wet up there, yeh?
It's like, British.


PIZZA? IT'S CALLED THAT IN ENGLISH TOO!
SHIT WHITE GUYS SAY TO BROWN GUYS


[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr4Hh34p3LM.]



Did somebody say 'Desi gangsta'?

Stop shaking my hand.

Pooonjabby!




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why we love uncles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oPD-TaslVs.

Moïse said...

Dear Back of the Hill,

I am very interesting in dn̥ǵʰwéh₂stics, so I had an important quæstion regarding.

I understand that there's Ebb and Flow, and there's Kander and Ebb, so I'm assuming that "Kander" and "Flow" are the same. Is that correct? Or does the ordering of the pairs matter, such that we can't assume that item #2 in set 1 is the same as item #1 in set 2?

Thank you very much,
Moïse

A kindly NOTE would be appreciated, but especially more a POST complète.

The back of the hill said...

Bonjour Moïse,

Kander and Ebb were the New York equivalent of Brecht and Weill, whereas Abe & Flo are a custom upholstery company in Dallas.

Hope that helps.

Moïse said...

Can you make it into a POST! Postus, posta, postum. WombatS!

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...