Tuesday, October 27, 2015

SEEKING SHELTER

The light outside suggests that this would be a good day to drink sherry, smoke dark Virginia flake in my pipe, and spend all the hours before tea time in the study reading mystery novels. It is, of course, far too early to hit the sherry bottle. And there is no study, as we have the modern equivalent: a television room. Nor do I have a tin of dark flake opened at the moment. And, sadly, I have run out of sherry.

More to the point, it would be impossible in any case. My apartment mate is home today, she's taken time off due to a serious cold.

I'm already over that same cold, and I feel dandy.

She's a bit coughy and sniffy at present.


Like me, when sick she's obdurate and stubborn in the "don't mind me, I'll just lay here quietly hacking-up hairballs" fashion, and resiliently refuses any kindness or attention. But what that really means is that she is a bit grumpy(!) and wishes to be left alone.
I can respect that.

Consequently, I shall not spend very much time at home today.
There is not enough space for one person with a cold, and one person with a pipe. As well as several small stuffed critters who act rambunctiously whenever the humans are around.
The ones in her room are fairly well behaved. Well, except that the control monkey (a small dark gorilla, Mr. Arabello Oyster) has become rather possessive about Ms. Bruin, and considers the senior teddy bear to be someone he deserves to be close to, not anyone else.
But mostly, they are calm and peaceful.


"We've learned to make do with 'big guy' and his nasty ways."


The small roomies in my area are a different matter.

They are riotous, rude, and quarrelsome.

A mob of furry anarchists.


Both the one-legged gibbon (Urasmus) and the nasty stuck-up little black kitty (Gigi) have discovered the bubble wrap.


Snap crackle pop.


I can hear the constant irritating explosions from my seat in the teevee room, in front of my computer. They are giddy with glee.


Snap crackle pop.


I will do laundry, then hide out in Chinatown for several hours.


Snap crackle pop.


Dim sum on Stockton around noon, I should think.


Snap crackle pop.


It might be a rather long day.


Snap crackle pop.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...