Wednesday, February 04, 2015

BRIEF PUBLIC NUDITY

In what is scheduled to become a recurring yearly event, four diehard exhibitionists protested in the nude against San Francisco's ordinance prohibiting public nakedness, and three of them got arrested, this past Sunday. There are times when I'm glad I work in Marin.

I do not approve of middle-aged nudity unless it's me.
Even less of being so in public.

Yes, I'll gladly admit that prancing in the buff is refreshing -- especially given the summer-like weather we've been having this year -- but the last thing anyone else needs to see is middle-aged nakedness.
Again, the exception, in my mind, is me.


MILWAUKEE, WITH BETTER WEATHER

It's the second anniversary of the ban on public nudity. Something which only fanatics about exhibiting their naked flab would remember, seeing as almost everyone else, including me, has a healthy sense of modesty.

Not so the three determined obscenitists.

One of whom is also a recidivist.

Quote:
"George Davis, a veteran public nudity protester, decried what he described as the changing San Francisco culture and blamed on “too many new people coming into San Francisco all at once.”"
End quote.

I have absolutely NO objection to accidental nudity if it is by a person whom I would wish to see naked, oh boy. But the plain fact of the matter is that this excludes most people, who are unknown, and therefore uninteresting.
Without a personal connection, it's just embarrassing.

The right of choice rests on the viewer.
Not on the egotripper without a stitch.


I am, consequently, pleased to report that in dealing with the unwanted and unwantable exposure, tarpaulins and rubber gloves were employed. Precautionarily.
Personally, I would have thought electric cattle prods would also have been appropriate, but it is rather doubtful that the SFPD could have made a valid argument for that. Naked middle-aged people are not particularly dangerous and threatening, no matter how unappetising they may be.
Possibly excepting myself.


According to George Davis, the habitual offender mentioned above, "this city is turning into Milwaukee with better weather."


Kindly f*ck off, George. You're a loony.
No one wants your opinion.


AFTERWORD

Please note that this post was written while clothed. No nudity by this author was involved, or implied. I'm wearing a pair of trousers, freshly clean from laundering, a plaid shirt, spectacles, and shoes.
With appropriate socks and undergarments.

I am not wearing a watch.


Please do not imagine anything else.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

ecumenically amphibious said...

Milwaukee is a good city. Any public nudity there is purely alcohol fueled, and, I imagine, seasonal.

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...