Thursday, February 05, 2015

REVOLTING: IT'S WHAT WE DO

It's very good to speak Cantonese. Better, in fact, than being the king, no matter what Mel Brooks says (reference to a line from a famous movie right here).

On a whim I went into the restaurant. Their menu was geared toward both large parties sharing multiple dishes and wayward tourists having ONE large dish, plus rice, and soup or an appetizer.
I am a single man. Specifically, a single diner.


"Waaall, ya know, all of this ain't suitable for just one person. Can I just get roast duck over rice?"


Apparently, of course I can. Because I'm home-town. Cost me less than what was on the menu. And it was a wonderful meal. Truly darn good.

I left a happy camper, and they want me to return.
Which I will; I want to return too.
Roast duck. Rice. Hot sauce.
Baby bokchoi.
Tea.


燒鴨飯

Earlier I had enjoyed an hour in the company of the ex-mercenary. Apparently they eat beans and rice in Brazilian prisons. Or rice and beans. And cat; if you can afford it.
It's anyway far better than being executed in Ghana.

Screw Brazil. It's a pox-ridden hell-hole.
Argentina is not one iota better.
Corruption and clap.
Stench.


Lunch and midnight snack: Genovan salami and Oxford marmalade on sourdough. I had run out of mayonnaise.

I've still got some dried duck.

Just saying.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...