Wednesday, February 02, 2011

THE MALE MIND

My ex-girlfriend Savage Kitten has realized that after having known me for over two decades, and having been around people at least fifty percent of whom were masculine her entire life, she still doesn’t understand the male mind.
She has questions.

I too am at least fifty percent masculine. Probably more.
That also has lasted her entire life. Even longer than.
But I do not understand the male mind either.

A lack of introspection has nothing to do with it, I hasten to add.
I am perhaps far more introspective than the average male, whose unclouded mind ponders naught as he happily and superficially pees in an abandoned doorway before proceeding on his merry way.

It’s just that after several years on this planet, I can understand myself somewhat. Other people a little.
And the male mind, not at all.

She wishes to pick my brain when I get home.
Sweetheart, I am better at understanding the FEMALE mind.
See, it’s a question of perspective. Not that as a male I am too close to the male mind….. but as a male, I am much more interested in the female mind. Ever since I was twelve, women have fascinated me. I’m wired that way.
Women I observe. Men, I’m scarcely aware of.

That’s why I don’t understand spectator sports either.
Now, if it were healthy young women storming down the football field committing mayhem and grunting, perhaps I might watch.
Men, with padding and helmets? Completely not interested.
So I shan’t pay any attention to the Super Bowl this weekend either – what is it, the Pittsburgh Dolphins against the Back Bay Hackers?

I hope you aren’t going to ask me about the game, I shan’t be watching it.
But perhaps you should.
It might help you understand the male mind.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...