Friday, February 23, 2024

WE NEED TO PROVIDE THEM WITH SNACKS!

There were very important people in town these past few days. Because of which, buses were rerouted, and helicopters flew overhead while I was in the bathroom shaving. Which shook my soapy water and trembled the window panes. Nearly cut myself.
This NEVER happened when Donald Trump was president!

Oh wait. There was a reason for that, at that time.

There weren't any very important people.

They didn't exist.


You know, I didn't even realize we had a bomb squad in this town.
There is nothing here to blow up. Texas yes, the entire state.
Alabama and Florida too. They're total dingoes there.
But we're all very clean and nice here.
Nothing goes boom.
萬綠陰

Did some necessary chores yesterday, then had fun with calligraphy on the computer before heading to lunch. Thanks to our gracious visitors, there were almost no other people in the chachanteng when I got there, even fewer an hour later when I left.
Probably the bus line thing.

Whoever they were, they don't eat with the common herd.
They can afford to avoid us like the plague.
And they are very important!



鄧石如 ('Tang Sek-yiu')
萬綠陰 ('Man luk yam')


First three words of a well-known masterpiece by Teng shi Ru (鄧石如), of which the first paragraph reads: 萬綠陰中,小亭避暑,八闥洞開,入簟皆綠,雨過蟬聲,風來花氣 "In the greenish shade there is a small pavilion to escape summer' blaze, with eight doors opened, and within a mat of green. After the rain cicadas sing and a breeze brings a fragrance of flowers".

I have imitated his style, but his command of the brush is infinitely better.
So I offer my apologies in his direction.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

WATCH OUT FOR THE WILD LIFE

The first few hours of being out and about were the same length of time as the last few hours. But I got a lot more done, because it was coo...