Sunday, December 05, 2021

OFFICERS WITH GUNS

Weapons are a standard part of police outfits. And will, except in the Deep South or Texas, not often be used. If you are a witness of a crime speaking to the police, or a victim of a traffic accident, you will be near police guns.

Quote: "We made a mistake and apologize for the unfortunate incident Friday when we asked members of the San Francisco Police Department to leave our restaurant."

[Soon after the officers were seated, staffers "asked them to leave". Because the weapons made them uncomfortable.]


My problem with this is that anyone with half a friggin' brain would have understood that doing what they did would be incredibly bad optics and publicity, as well as ripe material for spoofing and criticizing the city. That, in fact, both social media and Fox News would have a field day. The phenominal stupidity (and brain-dead blinkered self-righteousness) is beyond belief.

Seeing police in Chinatown, interacting with the locals and protecting the community, improves my comfort level immensely. Especially given the anti Asian American incidents which have increased enormously over the last year and a half, as well as the huge numbers of unbalanced individuals belligerating on the streets of San Francisco.

I had never heard of Hilda and Jesse (701 Union Street, San Francisco, CA 94133) before this.


"We made a mistake and apologize for the unfortunate incident Friday when we asked members of the San Francisco Police Department to leave our restaurant."


If I had, I would not have been keen to try them; their menu does not cater in any way to my type or my income level, and strikes me as "precious". Very twee boutique. And I'll probably forget all about them in a week or two, for the same reasons.

So, other than admiring their unerring aim pissing into their own eyes, I really have nothing to say about them.

Officers with their guns enjoying a meal in the same restaurant as myself would not make me uncomfortable. Seeing cops patrolling Chinatown or my own neighborhood affects my comfort level in a very positive way.

Hilda and Jesse is two blocks away from Northern Station. Maybe it's in the wrong neighborhood. They might want to re-think their paradigm.

And consider moving to Portland.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...