Sunday, September 09, 2018

APOCALYPTASMIC, DUDE!

A few days ago I researched someone I know on Facebook. Snooping, yes, but he can do the same, and quite likely already has. The purpose was to see whether I might wish to "friend" him. Can he be trusted? Would it lead to greater understanding? Or, possibly, more bafflement and discord.
We don't agree on a number of things.


The gentleman in question is mentioned, though not by name, in this blog post from 2014: Ebola in Marin. He is, in fact, the chap I advised to add "are you bleeding from your anus?" to every conversation, every day.
Because the answer to that question might say a lot.
And prevent infection.

He's a decent man, and regarding chili peppers we are entirely on the same page. Plus I like his sense of humour, and the good natured squeaky sounds he made when I sprayed his bald head with foamy glass cleaner the other week and wiped shmutz off his pate. Yes, I left it shiny. I am thorough.


But I shall not Facebook connect. Among his "likes" are Fox News, The Eagles, Blue Lives Matter, baseball (a sport), and several semi-paranoid teevee shows I wouldn't watch with a ten foot barge pole.

He also likes Fox Mulder and Monty Python.
So he is, at least, semi-sane.


And yes, he voted for that man. So I won't trust him with more familiarity than he already has. We will simply have to share food snippets, Monty Python quotes, and film trivia, while sneering at each other's politics.




He's not a pipe smoker, preferring cigars.
Not that that's really a problem.
Many of my friends.....

Tatuaje Corona Gorda.
Black.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...