Sunday, September 16, 2018

A DENSE GREY VIEW

Ah, the quiet of an apartment where not a single person watches sports. Neither of two single persons. My apartment mate does not watch sports, and I do not watch sports. When I came home, the television was off.

[She's asleep in her room right now. At least I think so. We haven't seen each other since she popped out to visit the bathroom before I left this morning. Light is on.
I heard someone say 'baa' as I came in. I made a sheep sound back.]



All day long at work the teevee was on. Some local numerical team did something astounding. There were cheers. And howls of approval or admiration. Plus grunting, cappuccino, and cigars.


For a while I watched footage of typhoon Mangkhut ripping through Hong Kong on one of the front computers. Floods, waves, construction cranes.


Much more educational than the numerical team.


The other day I asked someone if that photo on the wall of a business was taken from the Peak looking toward Kowloon. She didn't even realize that it was a picture of HK. The old airport (Kai Tak) was visible to the right, and Harbour City and the ferry terminal to the left. Other than the phenomenal storm that passed through several hours ago, the weather is not so different from ours right now. A bit warmer, a bit wetter. In the image I asked about, the skies were mostly blue, few clouds, sunny day.

Not in the typhoon footage.

It was very wet.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...