Monday, November 09, 2015

PUT ON SOME PANTS!

My apartment mate, like many Chinese people, changes from outdoor clothes to indoor wear upon returning home. At present, that means lime green silk pajama bottoms -- allegedly part of her kungfu outfit -- and a teeshirt. So, moments ago, she put on a coat to go out and buy flour for a roux. Apparently we've run out.

It's cold outside. Plus windy and wet. Most emphatically NOT thin silken pantaloon weather. Consequently I yelled at her to put on some pants. Which resulted in ten minutes of conversation impressing on me that all clothing has equal validity, what made me think that she wasn't wearing any, and why was I discriminating against thin flimsy garb.


"My cootchie ain't showing, I'm decent!"


Naturally I clarified that it wasn't a question of revelation, but rather advice about not freezing her arse off. She opined that I should have specified warm clothing, heavy trousers or something, blue jeans or corduroys, if that is what I meant, what with it being cold outside.
So buggery cold ......

She also imparted the datum that the middle 'V' in beaver might as well be a 'B', because who cares. Some people might be irritated at the perceived speech defect, obviously neurotic types, but unless they're channelling for Biebers, it is not such a big deal. Biebers, beavers. Vee, shmee.
Beavers do not wear pants at all, and they're warm.
Possibly it is fat, more likely fur.
Except for the tail.

Somehow I feel that I lost control of the subject completely.

My apartment mate has Asperger syndrome.

As well as an active mind.



Several of the people I deal with in Marin are rather similar, though not as bright. Usually I'm pretty good at guiding the conversation, or getting them back on the narrow track. Not always.

Over the years I've learned that you can tell a lot about people by how tightly constructed their train of thought is. In the case of Aspys, there may be obsessive refinement of the details through ever more precise repetition of themes, whereas neuro-typicals can be flighty and hard to nail down. One must measure progress differently. The Aspy becomes boring once you've fully grasped the stressed concept, the neuro-type progressively veers off target and starts resembling the head of a marketing department distracted by the beauty of his own wondrous mind.

That may be beside the point, however. She's out there buying flour, and I'm obsessed by the concept that Justin Bieber has a flat leathery tail.
And may or may not wear pants. As the mood strikes.

Strange people, those Canadians.

Reptilian.



Yes, she's wearing pants.
Warm pants.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...