Thursday, November 26, 2015

DO NOT SEDUCE THE POTATO

While fixing my second cup of coffee I got to listen in on my apartment mate's internal monologue. Which, in the safety of our apartment, away from prying ears, tends to be external.

"And so the potato people were very grateful for the nice warm wash they were receiving. So nice, so very very nice.....

Then one of them warned the others "we're all going to die!"

And some of them began to weep."


My apartment mate sought to reassure them, saying "no no little potato people, what makes you say that?"

"You're only washing us so you can cook us!"

"Noooo, would I do that?"

"There's pot of water on the stove already!"

"Don't worry, we humans love potatoes."

"Stop trying to seduce me!"


I fear that the potato person is right; they are all going to die. Their short promising lives will be brutally ended, it is their fate to become mash.
 One of them had hopes of becoming an artist, perhaps, another one wanted to be an engineer. But nope.
How very sad.


Thanksgiving is the most vicious time of year.
Especially for "edible-Americans".
Let us weep for them.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an account on the forum smokingfeelsgood.com? I get a sense that you'd enjoy it there, and find some like-minded people.

The back of the hill said...

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

Did you enjoy it?

The back of the hill said...

Naah. It's mostly for cigarette addicts.

Anonymous said...

What do you have against them? You were praising Turkish and Russian cigarettes in a post just a few days ago.

The back of the hill said...

I am not a cigarette smoker. Nor interested in their overly addictive thoughts.

The back of the hill said...

As an illustrative example, one can be a pervert without being a sex addict.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any addictions at all?

The back of the hill said...

Of course I do.

Caffeine, as a major addiction.

Chilies and/or hot condiments with every meal.

And without the comfort of a pipe or two each day, I would probably be grumpier.
Rather than evincing my normally sunny personality.

Search This Blog

WELL, HOW DID I GET HERE?

There is an air of distraction to the streets in C'town nowadays. People seem lost in thought, absent minded, somewhat out of it. And mo...