Thursday, January 29, 2015

WELCOME TO THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA

Yesterday San Francisco police found a suitcase with body parts in the Mission District. Naturally the reactions have been over-the-top funny, and in dreadful taste.
I'm rather a fan of dreadful taste.
It explains most people.


IS THIS YOUR SUITCASE?


I actually heard about the missing parts last night, but didn't bother reading about it till this morning. It is always better to process your morning coffee while reading someone else's luggage humour. Gets the juices flowing.

I can think of any number of perfectly valid reasons why someone would end up being stuffed into a suitcase. But that must have been an awful load to shlep around.


You see suitcases occasionally on the street in San Francisco.

We have a lot of absent-minded people.

And lots of baggage.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

4 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

And speaking of crazy shtus...

This made my head spin.
And this.

The back of the hill said...

Holy jayzus! My head is spinning as well.

I'll confess that by today's fragile and sensitive standards, I'm an ageist sexist old cock, unbearably discriminatory and dud-fuddy.

And, in that I automatically thought of THIS, quite clearly a heretic.

I am proudly unsuitable.

e-kvetcher said...

Found out about this from this well written article.

The back of the hill said...

Not an unfamiliar situation; here on the West Coast we often run into the politics of offended victimization and identity narratives constructed thereon.

Bookmarked the article for a re-read; good stuff there.

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...