Friday, January 06, 2012

MY LITTLE CABBAGE!

All morning long I have been listening to coworkers talking about sweet potatoes. It seems that you can cook these things in the microwave.
Did you know that? I didn’t.

There's any number of things that you can do with a sweet potato, all of which will render it DELICIOUS!

Stuff involving salt, for instance.

Frankly, sweet potatoes do not wangle my oyster.
I am entirely unmoved by the miracle of the sweet potato.


Consequently, I am NOT surprised, or even startled in the slightest, by the realization that NOBODY ever calls their significant other "my little sweet potato".


Mon petit patate-douce!


I rather suspect that doing so would render the caller an "igname bouilli" pdq.
Dioscorea is just NOT sexy.
Not cute. Not huggy. Not sensuous.
Cabbage, on the other hand........
Rare indeed is the woman who doesn't appreciate being likened to a little bokchoi.
Oh, mon petit Brassica campestris de Chine, mon chose douce!

See, that's love talk right there. Eloquent!

Either that or the French are berserk, but if the alternative is believing that women are sweet potatoes, we must probably reject that theory.
Mustn't we, mes choux petites?



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

The back of the hill said...

Okay...... rereading this over a year later I realize that it's more than half insane.
I must have had too much coffee that day.

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...