Monday, January 16, 2012

MASLOW'S HIERARCHY REVISITED... STRIKE THAT... IGNORED COMPLETELY

A while back I lightheartedly gave my own views on my hierarchy of needs.
This past weekend I have thought about precisely that subject, and consequently have a much better idea of what is truly essential to make my life vastly better.
Riotously enjoyable, in fact.


FIVE NEEDS

1. A multi-million dollar winning lottery ticket.
2. A girlfriend.
3. Another Comoy’s Blue Riband.
4. A stupendous ‘super-burrito’.
5. World peace.


Now, people who know me will no doubt ask about the last three items. Somehow, they don’t seem that important...... surely there has been some mistake?
Do those things really rank in any hierarchy?


I assure you that the Comoy’s Blue Riband is ESSENTIAL.
I already have twelve of them, one of which has never been smoked. Comoy in London made exceptionally nice pipes, and really had an eye for the classic shape. Not even Dunhill made better pipes than the Blue Riband series, though Dunhill sneeringly referred to other pipe factories as “that damned Jew” (Charatan), “that bunch of smelly Wops” (Sasieni), “the drunken Irish bastards” (Kapp & Peterson), or, in the case of Comoy and Chapuis-Comoy, “those stinking unwashed frogs”.
Dunhill, you probably understand, was the archetype of lower middle class mercenary snob, obsequiously greasing the posteriors of the ruling classes.

Comoy, on the other hand...... Damned fine pipes! Especially the Blue Riband. During the early eighties, Comoy made about twenty of them, after a hiatus of nearly a decade when wood of that quality was not found.
Eight were made available to the North American market.


The stupendous burrito (con carnitas y salsa picante, sin frijoles por favor) has already been taken care of.
It was delicious!

World Peace is just not likely, but I’m high-minded so I had to include it.

The winning lottery ticket would be very nice, and would take care of both item no. three (the Blue Riband) and a repeat of item no. four (the burrito).

The girlfriend is definitely a ‘need’. I know that Tzipporah (regular reader of this blog) insists that what I really truly need in lieu of such a thing is a cat, but never the less I think I would vastly prefer the girlfriend.
Albeit with some catlike characteristics.
Playfulness, perhaps. And the ability to enjoy dozing next to me all afternoon, purring happily.
A creature with a zest for food, petting, and nuzzling.
Happy kittens add so much to life.


One the whole, I think this list is achievable, realistic even.
Well, except for world peace, that is.
That's a pipe-dream.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...