One of the most stirring speeches ever, which resonates across time, and speaks to the deepest emotions rational creatures are capable of, is this: "Life, life not all guessing games, Frog, sometimes we have to care about friends, especially friends who love cookies, friends who love cookies so much, they play silly guessing games, because maybe, maybe, just maybe a frog, a very handsome frog, who has cookie, will give best best friend who no can live without cookies, give that best friend a cookie.
But, if friendship means nothing..... "
Everytime I hear it, it brings a tear to my eye. There are cookies next to my chair.
My apartment mate years ago self-identified as Kermit The Frog.
A friend recently described me as eccentric. Which is so ablist! I am not eccentric, my apartment mate isn't either! We are one hundred percent normal. Extraordinarily normal. Normalcy is a talent at which we excell. We are able to pinpoint-focus on normalitude.
In possession of a deep well of skill, training, self-conditioned excellence.
We're just not precisely neurotypical about it.
Narrow def normal.
Some of the folks around us, on the other hand ...
The other day a neighbor begged to inform me that the streetperson occupying a discarded mattress further down the block had "put a bomb there, do not step on it". It took me a few seconds to realize that she was talking about a poo smear which was glaringly obvious, nobody who ain't hard of seeing could miss it. Her concern was genuine.
"Ma'am, you might think I'm eccentric, some people do, but I'm not crazy and oblivious. I can recognize a turd. Because I am old enough, and wise enough. I have not lived all these years without a keen ability to identify colonic waste products, AND I've been a resident of San Francisco for decades, where much such substance occurs. I have experience."
I learned all about turds in the boy scouts.
Alas, I think the dear lady lives under a rock, what with being a fundamental-mental Christian who does not leave the house much except to go to her church nearby.
Where they are all like that.
Turd ignorant.
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment