Tuesday, September 01, 2026

RABBIT RABBIT SEPTEMBER 2026

Rabbit rabbit. Good luck, or good things. I keep thinking about the young lady scoping out the very good condition furniture that someone had left on the sidewalk near our front door. She was photographing it, and talking to the person on the other end of the line. "It might be my height, perfect for under the round window" This was about a white dresser, but then she modified her statement, saying that it just couldn't be her own height, five three, it seemed slightly shorter. At which I remarked that she herself was taller than five three.

My apartment mate is five four or five.

I know five somethings.

Trust me.

What she needed, if she was planning on re-homing a dresser, was a passing Dutchman or Texan. A trim Texan, not one of the usual ones. And while I am indeed a Dutchman, I am not one of the tall ones, though I was considered on the tall side in eastern North Brabant back in the day at five eight or nine. The Dutch have sprung up since then and are now the tallest people on the planet. Also, I'm older now, and did not feel like shlepping a dresser uphill, even though she was quite nice. She didn't ask, I didn't volunteer.

Heavy furniture uphill shleppery is something only the younger fellows do.
It's a gentlemanly act, admittedly, but non-arthritic.
Non-grumpy and non-middle aged.
White wooden dresser, might be five foot three in height. Probably perfect for a short slim woman who lives under a round window.

There were also chairs and a table.

I suspect someone has moved.


Rabbit rabbit.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

RABBIT RABBIT SEPTEMBER 2026

Rabbit rabbit. Good luck, or good things. I keep thinking about the young lady scoping out the very good condition furniture that someone ha...