My two most recent Facebook entries indicate that the world and the United States have become distinctly more odious and hateful places than they were. One speaks of rightwing morons getting their knickers in a twist over Tillamook cheese being halal certified, another mentions Jewish institutions needing armed guards. That's two sides of the same coin.
Blame MAGA and the Texas-style Republicans for the one, Macklemore and Greta Thunberg and all their fellow Goebbels fanboys for the other.
The same spiteful ignorance that fuels extremists on the right thrives on the left.
The perfect illustration of this insanity is that Mamdani is receiving backlash for a recent meeting with Trump, and Trump is getting attacked because he met with Mamdani.
Naturally I do not have a positive opinion about either of them.
Their circle jerking does not change that.
--- --- --- --- ---
Meanwhile, the universe also improves in small ways. A recent article in Circulation Research mentions that at UCLA a research team reports favourably results on FAP.CAR-NKT cells for clearing arterial plaque. I do not have complete access to the article, because I am neither an institution nor a medical man myself. But I'm certain that my cardiologist will come across it, as well as my regular car physician.
[FAP-Directed CAR-NKT Cells for Multi-Target Suppression of Atherosclerotic Progression]
And, pursuant thereto:
CITE: A UCLA research team has engineered a new type of immune cell that attacks atherosclerotic plaques — the fatty buildup inside artery walls that drives most heart attacks and strokes. These engineered cells work by recognizing three harmful cell types within plaques. In a mouse model, a lab-grown mini blood vessel and artery tissue from patients with severe heart disease, these “triple-threat” cells outperformed a single-target version, clearing out more of the cell types that keep plaques active and dangerous. END CITE.
[Source: UCLA team engineers ‘triple-threat’ immune cells to fight plaque buildup behind heart attacks, strokes - UCLA RESEARCH BRIEF.]
No, this does NOT mean that five years from now I'll be running a marathon.
But I'll probably have some tea and a smoke in celebration.
For many more years there after.
I have bookmarked that article from UCLA, and await further developments with keen anticipation. Hi boys, potential target test subject here, where can I sign up for the full rotorootering? Drill, baby, drill. Illustration above is symbolically representational of my circulatory system. Actually a drawing of the after-effects of a typhoon, but never mind.
Please observe the strewn detritus.
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment